Project Restyle #2

This week’s Project Resytle is a bow using a beautiful vintage fabric scrap from my vintage apron collection. The apron tie ripped off yeas ago and I have always meant to sew it back on. I decided that since the apron was designed for someone with an itty bitty waste I would make my own new apron ties and I would remove the old ones. So using one of the ties I made a bow for my hair. I have been wanting to make hair bows, but I was looking for the right fabric. What is the right fabric you ask? Well for me it is something vintage and with a small pattern so that it would translate well in bow form. A bow with a big patterned fabric might not show the fabric off in the best light. I wanted a bigger bow, but my first attempt left me with a bow that looked far to large and ridiculous on my head so I went back and made it smaller. Just a small tweak. The result is below. Enjoy 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s